31 March, 2010

Day 17 - Game Time

What a day, I'm seriously buzzing with excitement and it's late so I have to write fast so I can go to bed! 

Lows:
Everything started out missing a beat.  I woke up late, made my coffee to weak, rain was pouring from the sky, and I had no clean clothes.  I wasn't going to be home until late so I packed a bag with a change of clothes right before I flew out the door. 

Highs:
But once I got settled at work, the day became my friend again. The sun even showed itself for about a half a minute.


After work my sister met me downtown.  We shared a big pear gorgonzola salad topped with sugared walnuts.  Probably shouldn't have had the cheeze and walnuts, but hey, I still made a smart eating choice.  AFter we finished eating,  it was off to the Blazer game for us.  Little did I know my sister had never been to a game.  Well this was gonna be fun!  We arrived at the stadium and bought ourselves each a nice big glass of pale ale, got seated and settled in for a night of ball.  As we watched the game and chatted through out, we had the hankering for popcorn so we went in search of a vendor.  When we finally spotted one, we found ourselves in sticker shock.  Almost 7 bucks for a bag of popcorn.  Well, we decided against it and once again, my detox was saved (minus the beer part!).  We ended up winning the game by like 40 points and left high from the excitement of knowing we had clinched our playoff spot, not to mention my most favorite player of all time (Brian Grant, of course) did an interview during halftime! 
 
It was fun to splurge a little.  In regards to my detox, I'm learning to be completely aware of my food choices.  I contemplate if I should indulge or not.  And sometimes I do end up indulging.   But I just like that I'm not blindly following my tastebuds and cravings anymore.  I've heard somewhere that it takes 3 weeks to break a habit.  Well, it's taken me 3 weeks to do not just that but to gain a good new habit at the same time.  It's progress I tell you.  I"m making progress towards my soul belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment