30 March, 2010

Day 15 - What Lies Ahead

So it's back to eating from all the food groups for the next 6 days - proteins, starches, veggies, fruits and fats. I'm starting to think about my future and all that lies ahead in eating after this cleanse is over. Like when I go to restaurants what will I order now?  Trust me, I shall never ever forgo the food that I love. You will, and I repeat, will find me once in a while ordering up a big fat mocha perk shake at burgerville or ordering some fantastic breakfast scramble that ways like 8 pounds and includes a side of pancakes. But the majority of the time, I can't do that, especially if I want to maintain my recently cleansed system. As far as taste testing new food on this cleanse, I'm learning what things I like and what I don't . I frickin love rice flour and fava bean flour. It makes the best biscuits and bread. I do NOT like not having alcohol.

Highs:
Lunch was sprouted greens and olive oil with tuna and homemade gluten/egg/dairy free bread - thanks to my sister's baking skills! It totally filled me up b/c I haven't been eating much bread. I brought blueberries, banana and apples to munch on but I never could eat those being full all day from lunch.  Because of cost saving measures and budgetary restrictions, dinner was leftover chili and tofu dogs which is OK and actually tastes good even the second time around.

Lows:
I got heartburn for the first time in 15 days.  I didn't have any tums either so I had to have a small glass of milk as it's the only thing that soothes it.  So that was the first dairy I've had at all.  But the heartburn went away and it left me churning over why in the heck I got it in the first place.  Maybe it was the bread.  I've hardly had any bread at all and I ate more today in my lunch - probably because my sister's homemade bread rocks and I couldn't get enough of it. 

So, this is good. in a way.  I'm learning not to overdo it.  Word to the wise - when the cleanse is over, I can either buy a bottle of tums to go along with my post-cleanse binge, or I can ease into it slowly, taste testing all my long lost forbidden foods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment