19 March, 2010

Day 4 - Tasties and Temptations

The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor. ~Chinese Proverb

I'm finding that when I'm starving for my lunch that nothing has ever tasted so good as my leftover veggies and rice. And my little breakfast of almond butter and a small piece of rice bread was mouthwatering. Nourishment, that's all it should be but instead we pork ourselves full of crap every day. However, I am one for a bit of indulgence now and again, it's just that right now all I get to indulge in is healthy foods. And man are they tasting good lately and filling my belly.

Highs:
I'm feelin pretty good without the full-on caffeinated coffee. I think I've been able to avoid the headaches by easing off it little by little and substituting with strong ass green tea. I'm not really a cold turkey kinda girl. Take it slow, ease into the new routine. I think that's why I like this detox plan. It's true that it's a lot longer than most plans which is why I think I feel so comfortable with it.

Even Higher:
Oh yeah, my willpower got a big test tonight. My husband, probably sick of all the vegetables I've been cooking for dinner this week, announced that he wanted a burger for dinner. He asked me if I wanted anything. Of course I did. I wanted a big fat burger, a vat of fries and a chocolate shake. Oh and onion rings. But I worked up my courage and with a tiny, wavering, cowardly voice, I told him no thanks and that I was going to cook my dinner instead. Dangit. No burger for me tonight. But my dinner did turn out spectacular - rice penne pasta cooked with garlic, spinach, pine nuts and asparagus. Usually if my food is highly seasoned and very garlicky, I can manage ok. So at the end of the night, I did feel good to have dodged another temptation.

Lows:
If I could just remove my armpits... Itchy scratchy ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment