17 March, 2010

Day 3 - Back on Track

Pardon my little veering off the detox trail. I'm back on track today and in full cleanse mode. Since my little indulgence last night, I decided to forgo breakfast. Since I was starving by 11am, I ate my lunch early - a salad with tuna, jicama, and olive oil/lemon dressing. It rocked and made me feel full...until 4pm when my stomache started to rumble. In response, I went to starbucks and got my green tea latte with soy - minus the syrup. It was so good and was appropriately a rich green hue - in honor of St. Pattys Day today.

Highs:
Dinner rocked.  I made veggies, chicken and rice with Yummy Sauce.  There's enough leftover for my lunch tomorrow.  I'm feeling very energized.  Plus I'm proud of myself because at work today, a co-worker handed me a HUGE cookie left over from a meeting.  I thanked her and then before I could argue with myself, I promptly handed it over to another co-worker.  After that I chewed a piece of gum and focused on my work until I forgot about that dang cookie. 

Lows:
Still had a few ciggys but not as much as in my pre-detox days, all 3 days of them.  Ha ha.  I also felt hungry today but most likely because I didn't pack any apples or cashews to munch on.  Note to self - always pack munchies.  It's also a beautiful day outside, perfect for sitting down with a cold green beer.  Ahhh the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment