20 March, 2010

Day 6 - Spring Fever

I seem to have caught myself a little of the spring fever, in more ways than one.  Morning arrived warm with sunshine streaming in the windows.  But just as I was about to breathe a big sigh of relief at the beautiful day it was to be, I sneezed.  Then I sneezed again.  After laying in bed a little longer, I ended up having to get up because I was all clogged up.  It's doubtful it's allergies because I've never fallen victim to that side of spring.  I was really tired last night when I went to bed, almost to the point that I could have just stayed on the couch where I was and slept comfortably through the night.  So I woke up with a spring cold.  Nothing too miserable but nonetheless, I was dragging a bit.  My morning coffee had to be only half decaf - there was no way I would function today without.  Me?  Missing the first day of spring?  Hell no. 

Highs:
After a long walk with the dogs, I arrived home sweating and hungry.  Mind you, this is my first weekend day on this cleanse and that usually means I spend it getting a big stumptown latte and scone, or sometimes breakfast out at Wild Abandon.  But no leisurely late morning dining for me today.  Instead I warmed up a piece of rice-pecan bread and topped it with almond butter and blueberries (an delicious idea I stole from my sister). 

And after a few minutes of pulling together a new menu for the week,  off to grocery shopping I went.  It worked out good that I ate before I went because otherwise I"m sure I would have gone right off the detox path and into the delicious goodness of trader joes and limbos.  But no, I stuck to my list, except for one minor thing.  As I was at the check out counter buying some detox teas and such, I heard someone, no, it was someTHING calling my name.  When I looked a cute little cookie smiled and winked at me.  Of course I knew better but then it pointed to it's label - Amond Poppy Cookie - Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free.  No frickin way.  After a scan of the ingredients, I determined it was made of rice and fava bean flour and sweetened up with fruitjuice, and it was made locally.  It was the most yummo treat for me.  I bought 2 and when I got home I popped a bite in Warren's mouth.  He loved it so I split it with him.  (Then I told him the ingredients!)  So, I didn't really veer off the path, I stayed within the terms of my cleanse.

As the unusually warm afternoon sun beamed, we had headed outside to recline on sunchairs for an late siesta.  My face now has a healthy glow to it.  Amazing what a little sun will do.  I skipped lunch because I got up so late but dinner was a bowl of veggie chili.  Nothing fancy but after I ate it I was full and felt satisifed, which is good because I was sure earlier that only a pizza delivered to my door would satiate me.
Not the case. 

Lows:
So I do have a dang cold but at least it's sunny.  I bet it's because my body is finally starting to let go of toxins.  Which I take as a good sign that this is working.  I"m not going 'without' for nothing.  Oh, yeah,  I also bought tofuttis and ate one.  At least it was dairy free.  I'm not so sure about the sugar part. 

So all in all, a lazy spring day and a good one at that.  I think I can do another weekend day tomorrow just fine as every detox day gets better in some ways.  Plus Warren's got our first spring fire goin in the backyard so I hate to say good bye, but hey, I gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment