27 March, 2010

Day 13 - Partay

Saturday morning arrived with sun!  What is it with weekends and sun!  I love this.  It motivates me to be good.  After a walk with the dogs we headed over to my sisters house for my nephew's 2nd birthday party - a morning brunch. 

Highs:
Luckily for me, my sister is well educated on matters of dietary habits.  Her son is food sensitive and she is working right now to develop a diet that will work for him that excludes eggs, wheat and dairy.  Plus her culinary skills are way better than mine so I knew she'd be whipping up some healthy delights.  All in all I did really good at the party.  I made myself an espresso and added rice milk (with caffeine ok, but I was tired so give me a break).  Then I enjoyed a millet avacado lime salad, bananas, sweet potatoes with a little local bacon and a gluten free (but not egg -free) carrot cake cupcake.  It was delish and delightful to taste new things.  My sis also made me my own special loaf of gluten-dairy-egg free home made bread!  It was so good that it was almost sinful.   I ate it with vegan butter which rocked.

Lows:
Confession time.  I also popped two chocolate chip muffins into my mouth.  It was by chance I assure you.  I was walking by laughing when they caught my eye.  I opened my mouth and they just popped right in.  Unfortunately they had eggs in them so we'll see if I will pay later for that.  I also enjoyed a lovely raspberry orange smoothie.  It was so good I had three glasses.  I learned later that the smoothies had champagne in them which could have been why I felt so good all of a sudden.  But hey, we all make mistakes right and I'd say this was quite an innocent one.

I'm not having dinner tonight because I'm actually still quite full from that late breakfast indulgence (could it be that my stomache is shrinking?).  I decided to have a beer instead.  Don't be gettin on me now.  I deserve it.  I'm doing really well and I just planned out my menu for this week and it's stock full of healthy goodness.  I'm proud of my will power and I don't think a beer is going to throw the whole detox thing to shit.  I mean seriously.  I need to partay a little.  The weather rocks and I wanna rock.  So cheers and we'll talk more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment