23 March, 2010

Day 9 - Now I Get It

I will spare you the details of what I ate because it was exactly the same as last night, no deviation whatsoever. However, I will not call it boring anymore. At least not for today. I was more than thankful to eat my veggies for lunch because I was starving. And I shouldn't complain because that little voice from my childhood rang in my head today ...Just be thankful that you have food to eat because some kids in China don't... (I know, don't get me started.) So I humbled myself and ate the veggies, thanking the food gods for every bite.

Highs:
I'm gettin this man. When I'm hungry, I eat the food on my menu when before, my mind would immediately take me to where could I find something sweet and yummy to munch on and then my body would follow the sinful lead. That didn't happen today so I feel I've taken a big step - one that I didn't even know was there. My mind is really clear today too. I feel very present and not distracted and best of all, I feel energized. No need for a nap today. Never ever thought I'd say that.

A co-worker of mine returned from a trip to India today. She brought with her armloads of goodies from that magical continent. I told myself I would just try one little thing because how often is it one gets to taste test this kinda stuff. Luckily for me, I read the ingredients first on each item. Unfortunately, the first ingredient in every single thing was peanut oil. Which makes sense, I mean we are talking India here. Needless to say, I did not even taste one morsel because I am allergic to peanuts. I wouldn't have died or anything close to that but with all the willpower it's taken me to stay on track, the last repercussion I need from falling off the wagon is a big old peanut hangover headache - which is what happens to me when I partake of them. Call it fate, call it whatever, but I did not fall into temptation! Big high for me! Also, I'm not even sure if I should mention it - for fear it will happen again - but no matter, I must tell you that my armpits have not itched in 2 days. Yes, amazing!

Lows:
Let's just get this out in the open right now.  I'm going to have my coffee in the morning.  No-Matter-What.  It will be decaf but it will be coffee.  So from here on out, unless I mention it, just assume I allowed myself the luxury of sipping from the drink of the gods each morning.  I have to give that to myself.  And that's all I'm gonna say.   

So, about dinner.  I went without tonight.  Stomaching vegetables without anything else to dress it up was just too much for me.  I couldn't bring myself to even try.  So we can just say I got a head start for tomorrow by having myself a protein drink.  The new taste was delectable to my senses.

Well, it's my black lab's 4th birthday tonight and I promised him a long walk - anything to take my mind off food - so I"m outta here.  Latah...................

No comments:

Post a Comment