19 March, 2010

Day 5 - Getting the Hang of This

Today was sort of a non-hungry day for me. It might have been because this morning as I was getting ready, I took a huge swig of coffee from a mug that happened to be a few days old.  Old coffee with old soy milk.  I almost hurled.  No matter,my stomach started growling around 10am so I ate a piece of rice bread with almond butter. Lunch time came and went and I didn't feel like eating but to avoid a binge freak out, I ate my bag off sliced apples. Late afternoon brought with it a bit of the end o' the week weariness so I armed myself with a super sized green tea.

Highs:
I didn't eat much yet didn't suffer from that at all.  Strange.  I'm usually more happy eating all day long.  Maybe I'm getting the hang of this.

Lows:
I really want a margarita.  I mean bad.  During downtime this evening I was flipping through a magazine.  I came across a recipe for the skinny drink of the month: A Light Margarita.  That's right.  And it's 196 calories FEWER than a regular margy.  Here's the recipe so you can go make one and tell me how you like it. I'm going to have one on day 22.  I cannot wait.  I might have a whole pitcher.  For now I'll just dream...
  • shot of white tequila
  • tiny splash of citrus or orange flavored liqueur
  • splash club soda
  • ice
  • shake or stir; or put in a blender
  • squeeze in juice of 4 lime wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment