03 April, 2010

Day 20 - Happy Hour

I officially ended my cleanse today - 1 day early.  It's the weekend and I needed to get my grocery list planned for the week.  No, not excuses, I'm just done.  Tomorrow, on Day 21 - the official end date, I will treat you to a 'what have I learned' post but for today is just for fun. 

Highs:
The highs today were all about the food.  We went out to breakfast this morning and I had french toast, decaf coffee and bacon.  The french toast was soooo sweet I almost couldn't eat it but it was so yummo at the same time, that I had no problem cleaning my plate.  Later my husband bought me a stumptown triple americano - all decaf, of course.  About 4pm, I decided it was happy hour.  I mean most bars have happy hour starting at 4pm so I figured I was quite in line.  Plus, like my mom says, 'It's happy hour somewhere!'.  My sister stopped by on her way to dinner so it was the perfect excuse to break out a bottle of wine.  Later, dinner was a Carls Junior Famous Star without the cheese and no, I did not have any fries. 

It was also seriously fun to grocery shop today.  I planned our week's menu to perfection but I still stayed within some pretty good guidelines.  This week's dinners will be made-from-scratch crock pot creations full of vegetables and organic meats.  Lunches will be smoothies mixed with juices, bananas, maca and protein powders.  Breakfast will still be decaf coffee with soy and a bowl of blueberries.  So I didn't go crazy and that's what I'm trying to say.  I've learned that at least. 

My armpits haven't itched for a few days and my face rash is getting better.  You can barely see it although it is still there.  Which I take that to mean that I still need to be very aware of my food choices for a while coming.

Lows:
It's April and it's still rainy and cold.  Which really pisses me off.  I love winters here even though they are long and gray.  But when April comes and we still haven't seen the sun for more than a half hour every week, I start to get antsy.  This is the time of year that I do soul gardening - weeding, pruning, planting, mulching.  But I guess that will have to wait until spring gets strong enough to bust through winter.  So what I'm sayin here is, being stuck in the house has me stir crazy and makes me want to go to the fridge every 20 minutes. 

All in all though, I can get over myself and will go enjoy the Blazer game that is just now starting.  See ya tomorrow for the detox finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment