02 April, 2010

Day 19 - A Cause for Celebratin'

Well my friends, this cleanse is comin to a close.  Two more days and I start a new journey.  A journey of new found awareness, fresh health, and a more positive outlook.  So to celebrate my slow emergence back into the world of delicious, gourmet food choices, I decided to do a little celebratin. 

The weather has been just shitty.  It really has.  Cold, non stop rain, wind and dark stormy evenings.  Just the thing for an evening home with holy rolin' appetizers, a bottle of red happiness and three movies.  I was starved when I went out to pick up these Friday nite goodies.  But I still was able to leave the market with a bag full of carefully thought out food choices.  When I got home, I prepared the most amazing dish of appertifs.  I sliced up brie and gouda cheeses along with thinly sliced pastrami, wheat-free potatoe pitas, hummus, olives, crackers, apples and strawberries.  Along the sides of the dish I decorated with tiny lemon poppy seed muffins.  I served all this and a bottle of red zinfandel to my husband and I.  We ate in an almost shared silence except for the 'mmmmms'  and the 'ooooohs' and the sipping of good wine.  I stopped before I was full and corked the bottle of wine. 

After our friend Bob stopped by for a bit, I'm now gettin ready to settle in for a movie.  I don't think I had any lows today.  So, yeah, I strayed a little on the cleanse, but the way I see it, I have to ease my way back in to the life of food and this was a good test that I believe I passed. 

I plan to taste test a couple of things tomorrow too.  And I'm hoping that my fresh palate stays with me so that I never again try to fulfill my soul belly with anything unworthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment